PERFECTLY MATURE CHEESE | DELICIOUS DELI
The Cheesemongery & Deli
We choose foods because they are excellent. And because our shop is small, that is all we have space for. Our cheesemongery is at the centre of the business; it is a part of our shop in which we take enormous pride. You will always find a great selection of local, regional, British and International cheeses, including award winners from both The World Cheese Awards and The Great Taste Awards:
- The Best Farmhouse Cheddars: Montgomery’s, Westcombe, Keens, Quicke’s Vintage – all global benchmarks in Cheddar quality
- The Best Regional & British Blues: Dorset Blue Vinny, Cornish Blue, Beenleigh Blue, Colston Bassett Stilton
- The Best Sheeps’: Wigmore, Agours 12 month Ossau Iraty), Le Vieux Berger Roquefort
- The Best Goats’: Woolsery from Cerne Abbas and Swaledale Goats Cheese from in Yorkshire
- The Best Europeans: A Dolce Gorgonzola so good it we think it is the best in the World, Von Muhlenen Gruyere which has won the World Cheese Awards a unique three times and a 24 Month Emmental that is to regular Emmental what brandy is to wine.
And not just our cheeses:
You’ll find our charcuterie range second to none with all your cured and air-dried favourites, freshly sliced. Our deli shelves groan under the weight of our own label chutneys, jams and preserves alongside sweet and savoury treats, artisan chocolates and seasonal specialities. You’ll find unique and hard to find products like Mrs Mack’s Poppy Seed salad dressing and Sally Deedes’ Figues en Folies – the best fig product we have EVER tasted, and available in the UK only from Turnbulls. These are the foods we sell.
But at Turnbulls we do more than just put product on shelves for you to put in your shopping trolley: we make sure they are in peak form. You wont believe it, but I stock the same Brie de Meaux (Rouzaire, I’ve been there) as Waitrose, but ours tastes a world better.
With cheese, its condition, its journey to your table, is as essential as its provenance. So it is my job to present them to you in such good condition that even cheeses you already know will taste better – at the peak of their ability. You could say I am here to pimp your cheese. Come test me.Charlie T